Daedalus Books, Inc., an independent bookseller specializing in remaindered items, is seeking a Graphic Designer to join our dynamic, in-house creative team.
We are looking for a talented individual who is detail-oriented, organized, and a quick learner who can handle multiple design projects while meeting our stringent deadline-driven production schedule. You will work under the Design & Layout department manager and with fellow designers to produce our multiple direct mail catalogs, create web and print ads, animate web banners, process new inventory to feature on our website and in our catalogs, and design other promotional collateral while adhering to established guidelines. Problem-solving skills with a positive attitude are highly valued as our team provides support for the wide variety of creative needs throughout the company. We are located in Columbia, MD, in a building that houses our outlet store, warehouse and corporate office. This position includes competitive benefits and fun quirks such as free/discounted merchandise in our bookstore and a friendly work environment full of bibliophiles!
• Create and produce multiple retail and wholesale catalogs, examine proofs, and maintain the catalog production schedule
• Design web ads for our website
• Design animated promotional web banners for our website
• Design print ads for newspapers and other print outlets
• Participate in meetings to discuss possible campaign and future promotions
• Process incoming product to create web and print images of our inventory
• Work with other department to fulfill the company’s creative needs
• Work with fellow designers as a team to resolve projects and share responsibilities
Requirements Graphic Design BFA or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years' experience
• Proficiency in Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Animate)
• Familiarity with Mac OSX platform
• Basic understanding of HTML & CSS
• Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills
• Basic understanding of photograph touch-up and processing
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and following existing creative guidelines
• Capable of following instructions and taking constructive feedback
• Experience with photography and studio lighting
• Experience with print catalogs or direct mail media
• Experience with animation and/or motion graphics
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and a digital or PDF portfolio to be considered.
Send submissions and salary requirements to: email@example.com